A Mind For Numbers: How to Excel at Math and Science (Even If You Flunked Algebra) is a book about math and science written by Barbara Oakley. The book was published in July of 2014 and has been a helpful guide for students in the fields of math and science since then.
A Mind For Numbers Pdf Review:
Published by Penguin publishing group, this book offers a guide to students to understand the intimidating problems of math and science and then subsequently solve them. The author explains how, to solve Math, one needs to have analytical thinking as well some creativity. In Math, there are various ways to solve a problem and you just need to have the right tools in your kind to go about a mathematical problem. She failed math during her school years but later discovered how important it was to excel at math. So, she started doing it again with a different approach and she discusses this very approach in the book.
A Mind For Numbers Pdf Features:
- In the book, the author talks about various ways to solve the same problem.
- She says that instead of trying to learn one way, we need to focus on understanding the problem and solving it anyway.
- She gives an example of Pythagoras Theorem which has about 300 ways of being proved.
Table of Contents
- Foreword Terrence J. Sejnowski and Francis Crickp. xv
- Preface Jeffrey D. Karpicke and James V. Bradleyp. xvii
- Note to the Reader p. xix
- 1 Open the Door p. 1
- 2 Easy Does It: Why Trying Too Hard Can Sometimes Be Part of the Problem p. 9
- 3 Learning Is Creating: Lessons from Thomas Edison’s Frying Pan p. 29
- 4 Chunking and Avoiding Illusions of Competence: The Keys to Becoming an “Equation Whisperer” p. 51
- 5 Preventing Procrastination: Enlisting Your Habits (“Zombies”) as Helpers p. 83
- 6 Zombies Everywhere: Digging Deeper to Understand the Habit of Procrastination
Download A Mind For Numbers Pdf Free:
You can download A Mind For Numbers Pdf ebook free via the download button below.