The Colossal book of short puzzles and problems is a book by one of the most renown mathematician in America. Martin Gardner used to write columns for Scientific American and these were quite famous since they had some of the most interesting puzzles and problems related to math. His problems are related to a number of fields.
The Colossal Book of Short Puzzles and Problems Pdf Review:
The book was published in 2006 by Norton and it has some very interesting problems related to math, physics and even subjects like chess. In the book, the problems are categorized into subjects and they are also arranged with complexity from easiest to hardest. The author has been writing these problems in his column for 25 years and this book is a combination of the best ones amongst those. There are also some lengthy problems. Along with that, there are many illustrations, 300 to be precise.
The Colossal Book of Short Puzzles and Problems Pdf Features:
- The problems are related to math, topology, chess, and probability.
- The book also has 9 topics of math that the author has been working for all his life.
- The author himself selected the best problems based on how surprising their solutions were and how they made the reader think deeper and deeper.
- Some problems related to geometry are also present in the book.
Table of Contents
I Combinatorial and Numerical Problems
- Combinatorics 3
- Probability 00
- Numbers 00
- Algebra 00
II Geometric Puzzles
- Plane Geometry 00
- Solid Geometry 00
- Shapes and Dissections 00
- Topology 000
III Algorithmic Puzzles and Games
- Procedures 000
- Scheduling and Planning 000
- Games 000
- Chess 000
IV Other Puzzles
- Logic 000
- Cryptarithms 000
- Wordplay 000
- Physical Objects 000
- Physics 000
Nine More Brain Teasers 000
Selected Titles 000
Download The Colossal Book of Short Puzzles and Problems Pdf Free:
You can download The Colossal Book of Short Puzzles and Problems Pdf ebook free via the download button below.