The Man Who Loved Only Numbers is a math book written by Paul Hoffman. The book is a biography of the mathematician names Paul Erdos. The book was originally published in 1998 by Hyperion Books. This was a hardcover edition and a paperback one was published a year later.
The Man Who Loved Only Numbers Pdf Review:
The Man Who Loved Only Numbers: The Story of Paul Erdös and the Search for Mathematical Truth is a book that is basically about the life of Erdos and his contributions to math. The author also talks about what mathematics means to him and why many people devote their whole lives to math. Along with Erdos, many other mathematicians are also mentioned in the book and their lives have also been touched on. The author also talks about the state of UK and US during the time that these mathematicians lived. He gives his own idea about math and why he finds it too be so fascinating that it is worthy of someone’s whole life and effort.
The Man Who Loved Only Numbers Pdf Features:
- This book became a best seller in the United Kingdom. It was also published in many other languages, 15 to be exact.
- The book won Rhone Poulenc prize which is a prestigious prize for the authors to win.
Table of Contents:
- THE TWO-AND-A-HALF-BILLION-YEAR-OLDMAN
- STRAIGHT FROM THE BOOK
- EPSZI’S ENIGMA
- PROBLEMS WITH SAM AND JOE
- EINSTEIN VS DOSTOYEVSKY
- WORST-CASE MARGINAL REVENGE
- GOD MADE THE INTEGERS
- GETTING THE GOAT
- SURVIV0RS’ PARTY
- WE MATHEMATICIANS ARE ALL A LITTLE BIT CRAZY
- ACKNOWLEDGMENTS AND SOURCE NOTES
Download The Man Who Loved Only Numbers Pdf Free:
You can download The Man Who Loved Only Numbers Pdf ebook free via the download button below.