The Math Book is written by Clifford A Pickover. This book is an international bestseller and it is a follow up to the book “The Science book” by the same author. The book was published in 2009 by the Sterling publishing company and it has all the information about the beauty of mathematics.
The Math Book Pdf Review:
The book is an amazing journey through the age of Math which shows the history of mathematics and how the discovery of mathematics changed through the course of time. It touches on the beautiful aspects or maths and has over 250 milestones of math covered in it. It talks about the discovery of calculus and the time when pi was discovered. There is also mention of the butterfly effect and everything else that makes math a subject full of beauty and wonder. Along with words, there are also formulas and mathematical theorems in the book for the interest of the reader.
The Math Book Pdf Features:
- To make the book more interesting, there is also color art along with the words.
- These illustrations help the reader understand everything in a better way.
- It also has the real world applications of the theorems of math
- There is also mention of lives of various scientists and mathematicians.
Table of Contents:
- Ant Odometer (c. 150 million BC)
- Primates Count (c. 30 million BC)
- Cicada-Generated Prime Numbers (c. 1 million BC)
- Knots (c. 100,000 BC)
- Ishango Bone (c. 18,000 BC)
- Quipu (c. 3000 BC)
- Dice (c. 3000 BC)
- Magic Squares (c. 2200 BC)
- Plimpton 322 (c. 1800 BC)
- Rhind Papyrus (c. 1650 BC)
- Tic Tac Toe (c. 1300 BC)
- Pythagorean Theorem and Triangles (c. 600 BC)
- Go (548 BC)
- Pythagoras Founds Mathematical Brotherhood (530 BC)
- Zeno’s Paradoxes (c. 445 BC)
- Quadrature of the Lune (c. 440 BC)
- Platonic Solids (350 BC)
- Aristotle’s Organon (c. 350 BC)
- Aristotle’s Wheel Paradox (c. 320 BC)
- Euclid’s Elements (300 BC)
- Archimedes: Sand, Cattle & Stomachion (c. 250 BC)
- pi (c. 250 BC)
- Sieve of Eratosthenes (c. 240 BC)
- Archimedean Semi-Regular Polyhedra (c. 240 BC)
- Archimedes’ Spiral (225 BC)
- Cissoid of Diocles (c. 180 BC)
- Ptolemy’s Almagest (c. 150)
- Diophantus’s Arithmetica (250)
- Pappus’s Hexagon Theorem (c. 340)
- Bakhshali Manuscript (c. 350)
- The Death of Hypatia (415)
- Zero (c. 650)
- Alcuin’s Propositiones ad Acuendos Juvenes (c. 800)
- al-Khwarizmi’s Algebra (830)
- Borromean Rings (834)
- Ganita Sara Samgraha (850)
Download The Math Book Pdf Free:
You can download The Math Book Pdf ebook free via the download button below.