The Music of the Primes is a book written by Marcus du Sautoy. He was a Professor at the University of Oxford and his book is about the history of prime numbers. The British subtitle for the book is Why an Unsolved Problem in Mathematics Matters whereas the American subtitle is Searching to Solve the Greatest Mystery in Mathematics.
The Music of the Primes Pdf Review:
The book mainly aims to teach the readers about the prime numbers and their interesting history. Sautoy explains how many mathematicians used their minds and creativity to come up with the prime number theorem. He attributes the creation of this theorem to the Riemann’s hypothesis and its proof. The proof of this hypothesis brought revolution in the world of mathematics and laid the basis for the solution of prime number theorem that is so widely applicable today. Throughout the book, the author takes us back in time and mentions all the mathematicians that contributed to the explanation of this theorem and explains how their amazing work helps us today.
The Music of the Primes Pdf Features:
- The front cover of the book holds significant importance as it is according to the theme of the book.
- For example, there is a bus with the number 73 on it. Since it is a prime number, it depicts the message of the book
- There is also a clock on the front cover which depicts the clock arithmetic. It is a widely discussed subject in the book.
Table of Contents:
- 1: Who Wants To Be a Millionaire? p. 1
- 2: The Atoms of Arithmetic, p. 19
- 3: Riemann’s Imaginary Mathematical Looking-Glass, p. 59
- 4: The Riemann Hypothesis: From Random Primes to Orderly Zeros, p. 84
- 5: The Mathematical Relay Race: Realising Riemann’s Revolution, p. 102
- 6: Ramanujan, the Mathematical Mystic, p. 132
- 7: Mathematical Exodus: From Gottingen to Princeton, p. 148
- 8: Machines of the Mind, p. 175
- 9: The Computer Age: From the Mind to the Desktop, p. 204
- 10: Cracking Numbers and Codes, p. 224
- 11: From Orderly Zeros to Quantum Chaos, p. 255
- 12: The Missing Piece of the Jigsaw, p. 288
- Acknowledgements, p. 315
- Further Reading, p. 317
- Illustration and Text Credits, p. 323
- Index, p. 325
Download The Music of the Primes Pdf Free:
You can download The Music of the Primes Pdf ebook free vai the download button below.