The Principles of Mathematics is a book on the subject of math written by Bertrand Russell. The book was published in 1903 and contains information about the paradox presented by the author. His thesis that he has presented says that there are similarities between logic and math.
The Principles of Mathematics Pdf Review:
The book has about 59 chapters and they are further divided into different topics that deal with different aspects of math. In the book, the mathematical theories are discussed along with the subjects of matter and space. In the last chapters, Russell also touches on Physics as he mentions the laws of motion given by Newton. About Mathematics and logic, he says that the discovery of the fact that math is merely logic is a great accomplishment of this era. The second edition of the book was published in 1938 with a few more additions and changes from the original text. This edition has a more nominalist approach as compared to the first one.
The Principles of Mathematics Pdf Features:
- The book also touches on topics of relativity and other mathematical topics that are related to physics and logic.
- The author believes in the theory of space and motion and he says that these have been explained well.
- He says that we should admit the idea of absolute motion like we admit the ideas of absolute space and time.
Table of Contents:
- The Indefinable of Math
- Symbolic Logic
- Implication and Formal Implication
- Proper names
- Propositional functions
- The variables
- The contradictions
- Chapter XI. Definition of Cardinal Numbers
- Plan of Part II
- Mathematical meaning of definition
- Definitions of numbers by abstraction
- Objections to this definition
- Nominal definition of numbers
- Addition and Multiplication
- Only integers to be considered at present
- Definition of arithmetical addition
- Dependence upon the logical addition of classes
- Definition of multiplication
- Connection of addition, multiplication, and exponentiation
- Chapter XIII. Finite and Infinite
- Definition of finite and infinite
- Definition of a0
- Definition of finite numbers by mathematical induction
- Chapter XIV: Theory of Finite Numbers
Download The Principles of Mathematics Pdf Free:
You can download The Principles of Mathematics Pdf ebook free via the download button below.